- Our Services
- Improvement and sharing
- Support us
- Quality service
- Contact us
The Mission Covenant Church, which is a translated name from the Norwegian original ‘DET NORSKE MISJONSFORBUND’, was founded in 1884. From 1900, missionaries from The Mission Covenant Church started to preach the Gospel and provide medical service in Shaanxi Province of China.
In the 1950s, The Mission Covenant Church started their services in Hong Kong. In the first 20 years, the missionaries provided their medical service and preached the Gospel in the refugee camp of Tiu Keng Leng, Tseung Kwan O and the near rustic region of Clear Water Bay. They also cooperated with other Christian groups to found the Junk Bay Medical Relief Council that works for Rennie's Mill Medical Centre, Haven of Hope Hospital and Haven of Hope Sunnyside School.
In the 1970s, they started to develop education and social services. The Mission Covenant Church established the first school which is named The Mission Covenant Church Holm Glad School in Hong Kong in 1969 and built up the first internal church in the school a year after. Gradually, they established kindergartens, elderly centres, homes for the elderly, primary schools and also churches.
On 31 October 1993, the Norwegian representative of The Mission Covenant Church arrived Hong Kong and signed the Cooperation Agreement with the Hong Kong representative, announcing the independence of The Mission Covenant Church of Hong Kong.